My Total Money Makeover Community
Decrease font size
Increase font size
Topic Title: I am starting my tmmo for real this time
Topic Summary:
Created On: 11/19/2009 02:08 PM
Search Topic Search Topic
Topic Tools Topic Tools
View topic in raw text format. Print this topic.
 11/19/2009 02:08 PM
User is offline Print this message

MyTMMO User
Writing Dave’s next book

I am not new to TMMO I have had BS1 done for several months. Then I just got sorta side tracked. I was cleaning out a bookcase and came across my tmmo book and re-read it. well, I just made the last payment on my $4000.00 dollar jeep payment.

I paid it off in 6 weeks. that's right I came up with $4000.00 in 6 weeks.

I have a 6334.95 visa platinum card (min payment is 126.00) I am paying 540.00 per month now. I will also be adding extra payments to that as I get money from sale of stuff, side work, whatever I can get.

so i guess you could call me gazelle intense right now. I have also signed up for the one year membership on TMMO.COM and will use the tools on here to get it right this time.

I didn't really use any tools for the last 6 weeks except to slam the jeep payment. I don't have my budget yet or anything else done but I am gonna slam the credit card while I get it all together.

thanks for listening.
Would you like to contribute to this conversation? Learn How : Link To : Top : Bottom
 11/19/2009 02:22 PM

MyTMMO User
Writing Dave’s next book

Wow! You paid off $4000 in 6 weeks? You are seriously Gazelle intense! You'll be sending that Visa card packing soon!

The one thing that really helped us was the budget. I highly recommend this step. Once we saw how much money we actually had, we had more money to throw at the snowball.
Would you like to contribute to this conversation? Learn How : Link To : Top : Bottom
 11/19/2009 02:25 PM

MyTMMO User
TMMO Guru

Way to go, keep it up and kick the debt out!
 11/19/2009 02:29 PM

MyTMMO User
I'm not normal

Wow! Nice work!
 11/19/2009 03:03 PM

MyTMMO User
Don't give me advice, you're broke!

Congrats on paying off your jeep!
 11/19/2009 03:42 PM

MyTMMO User
Golden Gazelle

Well done. Now, I hope you'll get that budget done. You're going to find you have more money to throw at debt than you seem to have when not on a budget. You may also find going to cash instead of using your debit card will make a difference, too. There was a good post on this topic in the Success Stories forum today.
 11/19/2009 03:46 PM

MyTMMO User
I am Dave

Well done. Now, I hope you'll get that budget done. You're going to find you have more money to throw at debt than you seem to have when not on a budget. You may also find going to cash instead of using your debit card will make a difference, too. There was a good post on this topic in the Success Stories forum today.

I agree! I can't believe how much $$ we haved saved since actually putting it on paper, on purpose, and filled those envelopes! We are in reverse of original poster - danswife123- now it is time to start selling stuff!!
 11/19/2009 04:34 PM

MyTMMO User
I am Dave

I'll summarize my thoughts w/ this....

You are doing very good without a written budget, but could be great with a written budget. Who wants to be good when they can be great?
 11/19/2009 04:40 PM

MyTMMO User
Why call it The Dave Ramsey Show when I’m around?

Welcome and WTG on getting gazelle! You're killing it! Keep up the intensity!
 11/19/2009 04:59 PM

MyTMMO User
Leaving a legacy

Wow, you are certainly running like a gazelle! Keep up the good work.
Statistics
There are currently 71 users logged in.

FuseTalk Enterprise Edition - © 1999-2014 FuseTalk Inc. All rights reserved.